Thursday, March 16, 2006

Love etc



One of the benefits of living in my building and my flat in particular is stuff like this. The view is awesome and to an extent i would find it weird living in a ground floor flat/house.

If you are a fellow londoner looking outside your window then i should clarify that this pic is about 4/5 months old.

Its late and the girlfriend is asleep. I evidently am not.

Have you ever been in love? How did you know that it was love?

I ask cos i am in love. I dont understand why people are so scared of it. The excuse (and it is an excuse) of maybe getting hurt does not stand up to much scrutiny IMO. One could get killed by a bus and yet we leave our houses everyday and go about our business.

The only bad thing about love is the realisation that we are not superbeings or immortal. Sometimes i look at my girlfriend and i just wish i could wrap her in a bubble and spare her the trials and tribulations of this world. The urge to protect her sometimes is so overwhelming but at the same time frustrating cos i know that i am only human. I am not superman or the incredible hulk. I am just me and while that is more than enough sometimes i just want a bit more so i can do that little bit extra for her.

This extends to my family as well. I would like to be superhuman for maybe half a day so that i can hopefully do a lot for them with my superhuman powers. That is the good thing about love i believe. It has the potential to bring out the best in us all but only if we let it.

Before cynics start to cringe and reach for the bag to throw up in, i am a realist. I know that statistically speaking, my girlfriend and i wont be together by the time we are 70. Hell we might not even be together in 2 years time. But that's beside the point, the point is that right now i love her completely and i intend to enjoy it and probably when (not if) we break up, i shall look back and thank the heavens that i was fortunate to love and be loved like this in the first place. If we stay together till we are 70 then you shall all be invited to our anniversary party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home