Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To moustache or not to moustache

I was travelling on public transport today and noticed this striking european girl. She had beautiful long thick dark hair which she had bunched up on top of her head in a single bun hair style. As she made her way to sit down i noticed her unflattering winter jacket and books in her hand, she seemed to be in a good mood, slightly smiling as she sat down in front of me.

She turned to her side to put her books on the seat next to her and still watching her i saw that she had a prominent moustache. Now instantly i thought why is this young lady wearing her moustache? why hasn't she waxed/shaved it off? my opinion of her beauty immediately dropped, and i noticed her glasses for the first time and thought maybe she looks a bit bookish.

But i was struck by my thoughts, i began to wonder why was her having a moustache such a problem, after all it is a natural thing. And what about the hair on the legs, her armpits, vagina, arms? hair is everywhere. Why must women be bald (except for their heads) to be considered attractive? why would men be put off by a little bit of upper lip hair? I do not like women with too much make up on their faces, i prefer the natural look, so i was a little confused by my thoughts.

As she got up to get off at her stop, i looked at her again and thought she still is stunning with a moustache, glasses and all, it is me who has the problem, and you know what makes it worse - i am female!!!!!




No i have not had a sex change operation. That was a guest appearance from the girlfriend.

1 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

LOL@girlfriend's appearance on your blog.

this was an excellent post. makes me think about my own ideas of beauty...

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home