Friday, March 24, 2006

Focus

You probably know someone like me from school. The kind of kid who seemingly didnt have to read that much to make the grade. Those kids annoyed the hell out of me too until i found out that i was one of them. In my last 2 years in secondary school, i didnt study that much and was still in the top end of my class.

Overall this is a good thing. Courtesy of this brain power, i kicked butt in school, my working life, my personal life and lots of people have asked me to go into business ventures with them.

There is a caveat to all this and that is i have an inability to stay focused.

In the year of my greatest academic achievement in school, i was able to focus for only one term. I was top of the class.

In my working life the same thing happened. Following a promotion, i was able to focus for about 4/5 months out of the 14 months that i held that position. In the months that i was focused i kicked so much butt that some of the stuff i came up with were still being used years later.

In school some other kid said to me that he wished that he could do what i did. Not pay too much attention and still do well. The irony was that i wished that i could have his dedication and focus.

Perhaps that is the universe's way of balancing things out.

I would like to be absolutely focused for a whole year and see what happens.

Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home