Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Long time no blog

Hello blogworld.

Long time no blog.

I was going to blog about something else (not sure what) but i dont feel like it anymore.

Instead....

I am a diplomat, the go-to guy. The guy that you call when there is a problem. The guy who will do all that he can (within reason) to help you out. It seems however that the world doesn't truly understand the value of us diplomats. Without us, the human race would have ceased to exist a long time ago or at best there'd be a handful left. Everybody wants to start a fucking war, simply because it is far easier to fight than to restrain yourself.

I have just got off the phone and i am not a happy bunny. Things are happening and i may not be able to sort this situation out. Being a diplomat, this grieves me deeply. If i am unable to fix this then all hell may break loose. Situation is precarious, way too precarious. Truths, half truths, misinformation etc. Rule number 1 of being a diplomat is to put your own feelings aside. But how far can this go. I have feelings of my own and sometimes i want to let them loose. But i wont. Because i believe in altruism. I believe in the greater good of mankind. If i decide to join everyone in the madness then we'll all be on a rollercoaster ride to hell.

I believe in trying to fix things until it is shattered beyond repair into a million pieces...and even then if it can be put back together then i'll give it a shot.

Sometimes people say they are tired of trying to fix other people's problems (friends/family). I believe in roles. My role is to be the diplomat and to try tirelessly to fix other people's problems/relationships. Some may think it is a thankless task but i know different. There are people today who are on speaking terms because of my efforts, people's lives have been changed in the main because of me. It is not a thankless task, it is very tiring.

If this is how i feel, imagine how Kofi Annan feels. Poor sod.

For the diplomats out there, keep going and dont fucking quit. If we all did, the world would go to hell on a cart. For the non-diplomats, try to be more understanding of what we are trying to achieve. Understand that we mean well even thought sometimes we seem to not have a clue.

I must go now. A steam train rushes on and i have the job of trying to stop it before it gets to the rail crossing.

I am aware that i am not giving any details but it must stay that way. paz e amor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home