Monday, June 18, 2007

Big heart

Hello world.

01.53 am.


It's been a while. 2 months and a few days to be exact.

No particular reason for not blogging. Principally i couldn't be bothered. Had lots of stuff to say but just haven't had the urge or the compulsion to come forth and say it.

Just had a strange thought that there is a most slight chance that a child of mine - if i am that lucky - may read soe of this in the future.


I just saw a video that i haven't seen in a very long time. Its for a house track "another chance" by Roger Sanchez. It is truly an arse kicking butt whooping piece of music. Even better that the track is the video which i just saw again on youtube minutes ago.
A link if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzKbKQa3ZI

The story in the video can be sad or inspirational. When it first came out, i thought the video was inspirational. Watching it again after all this time, i have to say it is still inspirational.
Back then, it was one of the reasons i really really wanted to go to New York. Watching it now has got me thinking about going to New York.

The best part of the video for me is the guy meeting the girl in some random street.

Guy: Hello
Girl: Hello

Guy: You need help?
Girl: Who doesnt?

Guy: Is that your heart?
Girl: Yeah

Guy: Its Big.
Girl: Its small now.

Guy: Small??
Girl: It was bigger before.

Guy: Scary
Girl: Yeah thats my problem

Guy: Do you wanna get a cup of coffee?
Girl: Yeah??

Guy: Yeah
Girl: Now??

Guy: Yeah, Now.
Girl: O-okay
Guy: Okay

I really really loved that part of the video and i still do. Its innocent, sweet, pure, hopeful and shows a good side of the humans. The spontaneity of two strangers just meeting and just going off for a coffee and having a good time is encouraging to us all. Unfortunately people just dont do that sort of stuff especially not in cities like London & New York.


I did recently.


A few days ago, i was on the bus home and sat where i normally wouldnt. A few stops after i got on, a girl got on the bus and sat next to me. Seconds after she sat down, i checked my phone for reasons i dont remember. A second or two after i did that, she asked me the time. I told her. She said thanks.
After she said that, i noticed her perfume. It reminded me of something, i'm not even sure what. I thought about asking her or keeping silent. I asked her about it. She was quite sweet, really sweet. She smiled, pulled her hair across her nose and smelt it, then she sniffed her wrists. I'm guessing she was trying to decide which scent it was that had got my attention. She told me it was a perfume by Dior and said the name. I really dont know the name, its a french name and i forgot it pretty much immediately but what struck me was the way she said the name of the perfume. I could tell she was French. I asked her if she was and she said "oui" with a smile.
What is with the french and their language and the way they speak it. Its simply gorgeous, it really is.

We had a brief conversation till she got off the bus a few minutes later. She said she had been living in london for a few years and it was okay but expensive (i concur). She had completed her masters just the day before and was stressed about finding a job in her chosen industry. Towards the end of the conversation she asked me how old i was, i told her. I asked her how old she was, she said 27. She said that we were at the age where one decides what it is one wishes to do in life. I agreed. She then left but not before wishing me a nice day.
I dont even know her name, she doesnt know my name. We didnt ask each others names.

Its very odd how you notice more things about strangers when you start to talk to them. She had a really nice face. It wasn't hollywood pretty which is a good thing but more individual pretty. Added to which she has a really nice smile and just seemed sweet. Of course i dont know what she's really like however the fact that she chose to have a conversation with a total stranger on a bus says she has a big heart. I hope she doesnt get too stressed out about finding a job. I hope she finds a job in her field and everything turns out ok.

I dont know if i'll ever see her again. I'd like to. Maybe we can get to find out more about each other, even our names.

If we dont then i hope like the girl in the roger sanchez video, she tries to maintain her big heart.

In talking to her, i missed my stop and stayed on to carry on the conversation. It took me about an extra 20-30 mins to get home. But is was worth it and then some.

She was cool.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there...good blogging...do you happen to know who directed that video for 'another chance'...i recently stumbled uppn it too, and am intrigued by its direction, but i can't find out who did it...?

p

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've just posted something similar. If you speak a little italian...

10:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I don't know what to say... but i really love that entry. I just came across your blog, because I searched for that Dialogue in the Roger Sanchez Video between the girl and that man. Then I read your story with that french girl. That sounds so nice ^^ Although I don't know you, i really hope that you can meet her a second time. I'm from Germany and we have an adage here, that says that people always meet twice in life. I don't know if this adage is known in other countries, too... ^^ But i belive in that...
Best wishes

2:17 pm  
Blogger LiLy said...

this was a beautiful post!
beautiful story!

love the video.. who knew 10 years later i would feel the same..
it used to be bigger

8:48 am  
Anonymous Alena said...

I just searched for the dialogue in the video and found your post..Thank you) Look, you collected some people from different countries) I'm from Russia)
Oh, six years passed..Did you meet that girl?

I wish you love, which will give warm to you and all people, who you'll meet on streets, bus stations, shops

p.s. Sorry for my english) But for giving and receiving love there're no language and other limits))

3:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home