Tuesday, May 09, 2006

All is full of love



1 minute past the hour of 1 in the morning. I love, i mean absolutely love this time of the day/night. The silence, calm, clarity that exists. I am at my most creative, inspired at this time of night. Some really good music also helps.

I am listening to Bjork - All is full of love. I really like the video for this song and i really really like her as an artist. Some of her music is not my cup of tea but i respect the fact that she is very different from 95% of everything else that is out there. A toast to Bjork and her quirky ways.

I made a list today. Nothing special about making lists i suppose but the difference was in the type of list. For example a list of shopping required at Tesco is different from say a list of my top 10 sexual favours. The list i made is an attempt by me to improve myself generally speaking. This is unusual because normally i'd just have a running summary in my head and that would be that. I decided that the bus journey into work would be a good time & place to make my list, and so i did.

Some of the things on the list include:

Eating better
Call/speak to my friends/family more
See my friends more
Spend more time with my girlfriend
Read more
Become more disciplined

I suppose some things on that list are quite obvious and some not so. I would imagine it would seem a bit weird for me to include spending more time with my girlfriend on the list seeing as we live together. However i tend to spend a lot of time on the computer and i mean a lot. I also used to read a lot and while my appetite for reading is still there, the focus/discipline required is in the dusty attics of my person. So the plan is to work on the things on that list and some that i didnt mention here.

I am confident that it will work, i just have to push myself is all. I guess we'll see the results/effects by the end of the month. I would not be too pleased with myself if nothing happens. Of course there are mitigating factors and such-like.

Wish me luck. If it comes through, i'm buying chips for everyone. With salt, vinegar and most importantly Chilli sauce. It is a crime that chips is served/eaten without Chilli sauce. How do these people sleep at night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home