Thursday, November 01, 2007

Mistakes and stuff


19.52 pm.


Very odd. I really feel crap right now. This in itself is nothing special, feeling crap is part of the human condition. What is odd is the path i took to my current state of crapness. 10 or so minutes ago i was doing ok. Then i thought of a decision that i had gotten wrong. Essentially i am starting my own business, its going ok i guess. We are good to go save for the fact that no one knows we exist. Fear not for we have "le grand marketing plan". In light of the fact that people will hopefully soon know that we exist, some changes have to be made to the current state of play.

One of these changes would not have been necessary had i listened and thought shit through a few months back. That, people is the trigger for my current state of crapness. The thing about starting your own business is that you'll make mistakes, hopefully none of them will be irretrievable. So far, none of our mistakes have proven to be catastrophic.


Its really odd. Its quite interesting the reactions you get when talking to people about trying to start your own company. My business partners family didnt seem to enthused by the idea that they wanted to do their own thing. It felt to me like they thought it was a phase thing she was going through and she'd get over it and soon come to her senses. I cant say hand on heart that they have all been supportive but to be fair they have not exactly been negative. They just dont seem too fussed, perhaps they are waiting to see if it kicks off. Fair enough i guess, much better than being negative.


My own family have been supportive but that is not a surprise. Generally speaking my siblings and i tend to walk around thinking that we can conquer the world. So anytime one of us says i'm going to do such and such, we're all pretty much like "yeah, cool stuff. You can do it". I am lucky i guess, from as long as i can remember my family have been pretty much supportive. My parents and my siblings are good like that. It was only recently that i made the possible connection between this and my confidence as a random person. Thank the lord for that.


Blogging is cool. I dont feel crap anymore, infact i am feeling quite good. Fuck yeah.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home