Thursday, May 11, 2006

I, Chef

Contrary to the voices in my head, it seems i am not a very good cook. Proof positive has emerged just now. I am not yet a rubbish cook but at this rate, it wont be long before i'll ordained as a Chef de crap.

For years i have been cooking this particular dish and it seems that it has steadily gotten worse. The same applies for some other meals that i cook. What the fuck is going on? My one saving grace is that there are still a few that i have not gotten worse at. Plus the fact that every once in a while i truly amaze myself with my cooking.

One would imagine that having cooked the same thing for years, it would have been refined to an artform by now. I am henceforth adding becoming a better cook on my list. The plan is quite simple, i shall write a list of dishes/meals that i cook regularly and improve each one until it is at worst a 7/10 (10 being the dogs bollocks). Thankfully the number of meals is not more than 5. In theory this should make it easier but it will probably not be that easy.

Hopefully by the end of this month i will be able to cook at least 1 of these dishes and score my minimum of 7/10. What's your cooking like? Where would you score yourself on a scale of 10.

Right now i'd give myself an overall score of 6/10.

1 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

hahahaha@chef de crap. i know the feeling. i'm not the bad cook, but my dad is. he's AWFUL. brotha can't even GRILL well. that's supposed to be the man's domain and yet he totally jacks that up.

i'm a pretty good cook. i have a natural affinity for it, despite the fact i don't cook often. i get it from my mom. she's an amazing cook and she never uses recipes.

1:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home