Monday, June 05, 2006

Best laid plans

Ever have an almost perfect plan? A plan that took a lot of hard work, creative thinking and all that good stuff. A plan that when it was completed you smiled in contentment, gazed upon the wonder your mind had devised. You felt that near perfection had been attained.
Ever have such a plan?

What happens when you realise that the plan had flaws? What happens when you realise - in hindsight of course - just how obvious those flaws were? What then?

I had such a plan and now it doesnt seem so good or rather it beggars belief that i didnt see the gaping flaw in the grand plan. I ask myself how it was that i didnt see it. What in the lovely name of crap happened to my powers of analysis?

I very very very rarely doubt myself. My self-confidence while not 100% all the time is very high. So high that sometimes it borders - occassionally crossing said border - on arrogance.

On rare occassions like this do i doubt myself. It is a strange thing. I dont believe that i am superman but i do believe that i kick butt. My fleeting self doubt has gone and in its place is perhaps something much worse. Anger. Anger at myself for not seeing what was clear as day, anger at my waste of opportunities to nip the error in the bud, anger at placing myself in a situation that didnt have to be this hard/complicated.

Anger can be a bad thing.

It can also be a good motivation tool. Option B: use anger at myself to fix this quandary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home